Banking with TymeBank: Here are the Frequently Asked Questions. Image: Adobe Stock
As a digital bank with kiosks, till point banking services and ATMs, TymeBank doesn’t have to support the expensive physical infrastructure of branches. In line with our mission to disrupt local banking, we charge no fee for opening an account and no monthly fee.
Everyday banking activities such as balance enquiries, debit card purchases and even local online purchases are free of charge, as are business banking activities like proof of account and beneficiary payment notifications.
ALSO READ: Banking fees: Why they’re charged and how they’re calculated
You can open an EveryDay account online and then print your card at a TymeBank kiosk at selected Pick n Pay and Boxer stores, or you can go straight to a kiosk and open your account and print your card at the same time.
There are no monthly account fees. Essential day-to-day banking transactions are free and we charge low fees for other banking transactions.
View our simple pay-as-you-bank transactional charges.
TymeBank is a new kind of bank that’s digitally smart. The money we save by not having branches benefits you, as it allows us to charge you a lot less for your banking services. This means no monthly fees, many day-to-day banking transactions are free and low charges for other transactions.
TymeBank offers you three different kinds of bank profiles based on the type of relationship you have with us. The more we know about you (and can verify), the more access we can give you.
Each of these three profiles gives you an EveryDay transactional account and up to 10 GoalSaves:
- “Just met”. To get this profile you need to verify your name, ID number and some personal details by visiting our website or a TymeBank kiosk.
- “Getting to know you”. To get this profile you need to verify your name, ID number, biometrics (your photo and thumbprints) and some additional personal details we will ask you at a TymeBank kiosk.
- “Good friends”. To get this profile you need to verify your name, ID number, biometrics (your photo and thumbprints), some additional personal details and confirm your residential address at a TymeBank kiosk. Don’t worry, you don’t need to bring any documents along with you for us to verify that the information you give us is accurate.
To print your debit card please visit a TymeBank kiosk at selected Pick n Pay and Boxer stores across the country. The kiosks are self-service and you don’t need to bring any documents with you. All you need is to remember your ID number and have your cellphone with you so you can receive a one-time-pin (OTP) via SMS.
Your debit card is printed immediately when you open an account at one of our TymeBank kiosks, you’ll find these inside most Pick n Pay and Boxer stores country-wide.
If you open an account online you can visit a kiosk at a Pick n Pay or Boxer store to print your card.
We’ll ask you a couple of questions and then get you to capture your thumbprints.
Doing this will also increase your profile limits.
Yes, you can!
Don’t forget to toggle the switch from “off” to “on” to enable online transactions.
This can be done either within the SmartApp, or Internet Banking channels under the “Card Settings” option
If you have lost your card, you need to visit a kiosk at a PicknPay or Boxer store and cancel the card you have lost. Once you have cancelled your existing card you can print a new one.
Here is a link that shows you where you can find kiosks nearest to you.
- Log into the TymeBank SmartApp or internet banking and click on your EveryDay account
- Select ‘Proof of Bank Account’ (App) or Proof of Account (Internet Banking)
- Check that your email address is correct and press send (if you wish to change your email address simply select ‘Update Profile Email’)
- When you receive the email with your Proof of Banking Account letter, simply forward that email to your employer and request that they update your banking details on their payment system. Or you can print the letter and hand it to your employer.
- If you have debit orders that you need to switch, then you can send the same letter to the payments department of the company debiting the amount and request that they update their systems with your new banking details.
It’s that easy to start saving with zero monthly bank fees and low to no transaction fees, as well as earning Pick n Pay Smart Shopper points everywhere you shop and double points when you shop at Pick n Pay.
Banking with TymeBank is a rewarding experience! Your TymeBank Visa debit card is automatically linked to the Pick n Pay Smart Shopper programme.
You will earn Smart Shopper points whenever you use your debit card to pay – both inside and outside of Pick n Pay.
If you swipe your Yellow debit card instead of your Blue card to earn points inside Pick n Pay and then use the same card to pay, we’ll reward you with DOUBLE Smart Shopper points.